GPS Tracks Manual
- Feet - imperial units
- Meters - metric units
- Auto - will automatically select the correct units based on the rate of travel
- Pace - will display the velocity as time per distance or pace
- Speed - will display the velocity as distance per time or speed
- Map - This is the basic street map
- Satellite - This is the map composed of satellite images
- Hybrid - This is the map composed of satellite images with the street name overlays
- Terrain - This map displays terrain features
- Degrees - Compass display units in degrees
- Mils - Compass display units in Mils with 6400 mils equal to 360 degrees
- Dec - Displays coordinates in decimal format
- Dm - Displays coordinates in whole degree and fractional minute format
- DMs - Displays coordinates in whole degree, whole minute, and fractional second format
- MGRS - Displays coordinates in Military Grid Coordinate System format
- UTM - Displays coordinates in Universal Transverse Mercator format
Disable Sleep Mode
This will disable the device from automatically going to sleep while using app. The device will go to sleep if it is left untouched for a few minutes and the screen will go dark. With this setting turned on, it will allow you to leave the device untouched but still view the screen for an indefinite period of time. If you are actively tracking your route then the device will track you whether the device is asleep or if the app is in the foreground or background. Though if you are not actively tracking your route then the app ill turn off the GPS while the device in in the sleep mode, therefore saving battery power.
Rotate Map With Heading
This will rotate the map with your heading so map will always be oriented in the direction that you are facing. This feature is used in conjunction with the "User Location" button. When the "User Location" button is highlighted blue the map will rotate otherwise it will not rotate.
This will pause the app while you are tracking your location if you stop for more than approximately 30-45 seconds. It will resume tracking if it detects that you have begun to move again. If this mode is enabled and you stop for more than five minutes while the app is in the background then it will turn off the GPS to save the battery life, but since the GPS is off it cannot start tracking again until the user presses the "Start" button on the top menu bar of the Map view.
Arrow in the Center of Map
The arrow is used to guide you where to drop a pin on the map.
GPS Navigation Accuracy
- Nav - This is the highest possible accuracy which adds emphasis on improving the devices ability to detect its position and direction. This is good for point to point off-road navigation. This feature is only recommend if the device is plugged in.
- Best - This is the best accuracy from the GPS unit but without the extra direction detection from the Nav setting. This setting is recommended for high accuracy when battery life is not a priority. Average battery life is 1-2 hours of continuous use in the background.
- High - This will update every 10 seconds. The GPS is turned off to save battery while not in use, this will save your battery life while still giving users a high degree of accuracy. This is the recommended setting for everyday use. Average battery life is 3-4 hours of continuous use in the background.
- Med - This will update every 20 seconds. The GPS is turned off to save battery while not in use, this will save your battery life while still giving users a medium degree of accuracy. This setting can be used for long periods of continuous use. Average battery life is 4-6 hours of continuous use in the background.
- Low - This will update every 60 seconds. The GPS is turned off to save battery while not in use, this will save your battery life while still giving users a low degree of accuracy. This setting can be used for long periods of continuous use. Average battery life is 6-10 hours of continuous use in the background.
Please note that the battery life estimates are just that. You may experience much different results. These estimates were derived from the developer during testing.